Tuesday, March 13, 2007

BUSY
3/13/07
Sorry to have not posted for a while. I've been busy with work, family, life. Yet, even when I am coping and doing well, appearing to manage and laugh like everyone else, I still have to live with my truth: I am bipolar. I can't really complain about my past few months, well, apart from a few ups and downs, and except for the part when I start have to have ambitions and I get scared of my reality: I am bipolar and so I have to rethink the choices I would otherwise make. My meds continue to be essential to my stability, well, at least I think they are. Slight adjustments to my meds have been made in response to my emotional ups and downs, I went up on my Lithium when I started to get revved up before the Christmas holidays and then affected by the widely publicized tragedy of a father lost in the snow. I increased my antidepressant when I began to feel weepy, down, and irritable. That is what this illness is about, inexplicable shifts in mood, which I am learning to accept are a part of me and require constant monitoring and an honesty with oneself. While some may have learned to live with it (knowingly or unknowingly), for me, the medications have kept me from stopping my car on the tracks or going wild on my credit card. I am lucky to have an excellent psychiatrist who specializes in this. So right mow, life is good, the sun is shining, and living with bipolar is okay.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I saw your post on bipolarconnect.com and stopped by to check out your blog.

Amen. You do a great job of expressing this condition. I've linked to your blog, I'll check back from time to time.

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger Queitsch Hof said...

It seems to take so much Life energy to be a cognitive bi polar. I think if I were you I would be exhausted just trying to keep track of my feelings and keeping my self "level" and worrying about how high or low the dosages are. YOu have a great blog, by the way. In all the messages I read in the last few hours, it appears to me that is is the women who have the most success in dealing with their disorder. Summing it up brutally, women with bipolar are worth dealing with and "fighting" for, and bi polar men should be disposed of immediately (on the average I mean). Susan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home