Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sight Setting

January 2014

This is a photo from my birthday two years ago, during a trip to Puerto Vallarta with a companion who I've been with for over four years now.  

He is a wonderful guy, he knows everything about me, but he doesn't know Polarimbi. 

And every morning and every night I struggle with how, when, where, why I should tell him. 

I am so afraid of seeing that light go out in his eyes, the widening and then, inevitably, the sadness, and then the fear of a future that has suddenly become uncertain.  And then the look of panic, restrained, of what's to come and when IT, if ever, will come.

It a dreadful scenario to imagine, so dreadful and sorrowful that I choose to live in silence than to devastate him. This space is a tightrope between protection and deception. It is a line that wobbles back and forth, and I struggle to stay on.  

So rather than look down, I've decided that I must look upward and beyond. I've set my sights on a dream. What keeps me going? I draw from a reservoir of faith and hope. And I keep it filled by using every tool I can get my hands on.

If you are in pain, try try try to look up. Think hard and dream about something big and beautiful. 

Set your sights on that.
SaveSave
SaveSave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home