Tuesday, September 07, 2010

FACE MASKS

So I joined Facebook.  Uh huh.  With very mixed emotions about the implications of consequences yet to be experienced.

I wonder if it is possible for a stranger reading through this blog to find me through Facebook, and ask to be my friend.  I wonder what I would say.

For me, strangers are not frightening. I am not afraid to reveal myself, my secrets, my dreams to a total stranger.  I do not have to wear a mask.  I do not fear their judgment.

But family?  Friends?  Colleagues?  The thought of them reading this blog is frankly, terrifying.  The stuff of nightmares.  I might as well waltz naked into the office.

It is a complete paradox to me, that a journal that might help my loved ones to understand me better, is something that I would rather share with strangers.  It is a paradox, that wearing a mask is what I must do with those who are closest to me, to manage, at certain times, the turmoil that lies beneath.
____________________

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home