Tuesday, April 03, 2007

POLARIMBI MUSIC MIX- LIVING WITH BIPOLAR DISORDER
4/21/07

Sometimes music can say what one can't. Here are some songs that capture the many emotions -- the desperation, angst, and confusion -- that I have felt about living with bipolar disorder. I have also posted this iMix on iTunes. Search the iMixes for "Polarimbi"

@ Paralyzed by Rock Kills Kid - The title and that line, "The only way to cope is to realize" says it all.

@ Leave Me Alone by New Order - For those times I've been curled up in a ball and couldn't get out bed.

@ The Drugs Don't Work by The Verve - This is a siren's call, an SOS that sends shivers down my spine.

@ Until I Fall Away by the Gin Blossoms - Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be the same. I just try and keep going.

@ Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was by Radiohead - Because life is full of tripwires and landmines. Because I wish I was immune to the triggers.

@ In the Deep by Bird York - This is the soundtrack of my life.

@ Maybe Not by Cat Power - When I learned that Cat Power is bipolar, it changed how I heard this song.

@ Lost Cause by Beck - Because I feel like a freak. Because sometimes I wonder whether anything I do or take will make a difference at all.

@ Shake the Disease by Depeche Mode - Understand me. I want to sing this song to my husband.

@ Get the Balance Right! by Depeche Mode - This is about all the pressures and opposing forces pulling on me.

@ The Trick Is to Keep Breathing by Garbage - Sometimes that's all one can do.

5 Comments:

At 6:38 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks for that post. I have a pretty extensive music collection, but I don't have anything you have listed. I have some other stuff by some of the artists you list, but not the songs you show. I just heard a Bird York song played on Radio Paradise the other day, and loved it. I'll be picking up that album soon. I'll check out some of the others, too.

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger Dobro said...

Hi! Being an old fuddy-duddy, my musical tastes go to classical (Chopin, Beethoven and Mozart) and oldies (Janice Joplin, the Doors, The Rolling Stones). But to each his own

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Bleeding Heart said...

Yeah! Music certainly plays a roll in Bipolar and Depression I think.

I LOVE music and I can tell a story with all the songs I've heard:)

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger txandi prost said...

Sonic Youth - Reena
Evanescence - Breathe no More

~t~

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger kodeureum said...

Almost anything by Neil Young usually works for me. Especialy his more recent stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home