Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hello. How are you?

Friends,

I am procrastinating. Yes, I am well aware that this will have a not so good consequence for the rest of my week.

I left my career in academia, two years after being laid off from my prestigious university. I'm now a startup founder, which requires a balance of high discipline, structure, flow, and focus. Don't laugh.
I mean, do laugh. I think that my even attempting to do this is somewhere between hilarious and courageous. But then again, so is being bipolar.

Back to that balance composition. I have varying amounts of flow and focus at different points in the day.  I'm accustomed to it. I used to ask myself ten years ago whether what I was doing (or not doing) was bipolar or not bipolar or bipolar or not bipolar.

It took me years and years and years to accept that everything bipolar, it's just the extent to which you are managing, ignoring, or having fun with it that defines the bipolar-essness.

My procrastination is about to end, but before I go, I want to share a little mission I'm on. I was cleaning up my bookmarks and found the folder labeled "BP." It was within a folder that was within a folder. I buried this folder. I was "afraid" that "people" would see it.  Imagine that. Now "Bipolar Resources" is a bookmark right up there on that main bar.  Right next to "Banking."

You've come a long way, baby  Hello! How are you?

I went over to Bipolar Planet website, which by the way saved my life, and so I was shocked and saddened to see that it was abandoned in 2009.  A very nice person left the parting message below. That no one could step up to manage it is in and of itself telling.

There is a blue list of blogs on which "Polarimbi" appears among the blogs that start with "P." I used to go to these sites. And I felt so much better afterwards. Sometimes, I'd give advice. Other times, I would just cry.  Most of the time, thankfully, I'd think: I'm doing ok. I'm not doing that bad.

I've decided that I am going to make my way down this list and say hello to everyone. Will keep you posted!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home