Tuesday, May 29, 2007

BACK HOME
5.29.07

Hello, dear friends, I'm back. I needed to take a bit of a break from my tedius routines which had me in a rather vicious cycle of getting stuck and prickly and fuzzy and spiky. Before my diagnosis, I didn't know what any of that was about, or how to deal with it. Now I know it means that I need a service check for the distance I've traveled. I needed to refill my windshield fluid, I needed to check the tire pressure. Change the oil, align my wheels, that kind of thing. So I took some time to clear my head and get some perspective. I spent time by myself with myself, wandering around in costume interacting with other mortals, catching up with friends and revealing secrets to strangers. It was quite funny -- haha and peculiar -- to see the various reactions, open mouths, poker faces, wide eyes. You? Really?! You seem so... NoRmAl?

If only you knew the places I've been...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:18 PM , Blogger tiara said...

Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. ((HUGS))

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back friend, thank you so much for your thoughts on my recent post. It hit me hard and that is why I had to write it, no humor, no distractions. Your post on a peanut butter kind of day struck my heart in that same way. So glad you are back, I have thought of you often. This is my first week "on the outside" after 2 weeks of intensive outpatient group program. Life seems different now, and I do feel strong. Your line about our children needing to hear us in the dark was so powerful, i read it over three times. Can't wait to catch up!

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger kodeureum said...

I'm glad you appreciate my photos. There's lots more but I'm trying to keep my blog down to one post a week. For now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home