Friday, April 20, 2007


PREDICTING THE FUTURE
4/23/07
"The best way to predict the future is to create it."

I do yoga every Monday and my teacher ended today's class with this quote. It really made me think.

I can't predict my moods or know what will happen with this mercurial illness of mine, however, I can be better prepared for whatever does happen by taking care of my health and relationships. The decisions I make in the present can shape what happens in the future. For me, the best way to predict my future is to create the conditions in which I want to to live: I can be more aware, more honest with myself, more loving, more accepting. I can take better care of myself and the people I love, right now. Namaste.

A GOOD START
4/20/07
I am utterly in love with this new song. I think it is so beautiful and rocking and the lyrics resonate with me. I heard it on Grey's Anatomy last night, dowloaded it, burned it, and drove through the hills with it cranked way up, the windows down and the hair blowing. There has been so much death, loss, and pain in the world this week. So I feel lucky to be alive and fortunate to be keeping life in perspective. That's a good start.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=16859822

A Good Start by Maria Taylor
You're one with the burdon of intuition.
You're one with the freedom of a blank stare.
You're one with the best friend you lost,
You wish was still there.

You're one with the dust on that old piano.
You're one with the strings on your new guitar.
You're one with the wind through the open window,
You are.

It was a faint line that brought you here,
And a pulse that kept you in time.
It was the comfort of a tradition,
Like the few that were not that kind.

It's a shame now, baby, you can't see yourself, And everything you're running from.
And it's the same world, honey, that has brought You down,
As the one that's gonna pick you up.
And pick you up.

You're one with the echos of conversation.
You're one with the strangers you overheard.
You're one with the lesson that was the best one you learned.

It was a faint line that brought you here,
And a pulse that kept you in time.
It was the comfort of a tradition,
Like the few that were not that kind.

It's a shame now, baby, you can't see yourself, And everything you're running from.
And it's the same world, honey, that has brought You down,
As the one that's gonna pick you up.
And pick you up.

It was a long, dark, sleepy morning walk.
You fell down, case and point.
It was a good start.
It was a good start.

It was a long, dark, sleepy morning walk.
You fell down, case and point.
It was a good start.
It was a good start.

It's a shame now, baby, you can't see yourself, And everything you're running from.
And it's the same world, honey, that has brought You down,
As the one that's gonna pick you up.

And it's a shame now, baby, you can't separate
Yourself from where you stood.
And it's the same world, honey, that made you feel so bad,
That makes you feel so good.
Feel so good.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Hey thanks for dropping by, I just have to say Grey's is one of my addictions as well. Welcome to Bipolar Planet, I'm sure you'll find plenty of encouragement here however if you are not a regular visitor of my blog there's a chance I'll lose your addy somehow.

I was diagnosed in 2006 right after my birthday and a major depressive crisis with panic attacks. Despite that I'm also a Bipolar 1.

It was nice to meet you and I hope you drop by again.

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger tiara said...

Hi there!
I followed a link from sarah's blog and thought I'd say hello. I'll check in again soon.
Titania

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Bleeding Heart said...

Love your blog...Welcome to Bipolar Planet :)

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger RachaelP said...

I love your page, and I was so thrilled to find your comment on my blog this morning! I think we have so very much in common and I must echo your thoughts about searching for the validation and comfort that can sometimes only be found in the words and thoughts of others living with bipolar. I love to write, blogging is much more than putting thoughts on the page, it can be education and even journalism! I grew up in Nor Cal and that beautiful pic of you and your son made me so homesick. And the feeling of our children protecting us is painfully familiar as well! I just can't tell you how wonderful it was to get your note. I am recently diagnosed, long time suffering and so much of this is new to me. Let's stay connected? Take good care. -Modern Mommy

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Polarimbi said...

Hey! You all are so beautiful with your words and pages. Thank you so much for stopping by and the kind compliments. I feel very welcome and not afraid to be myself anymore. I kept my mouth shut and my feelings hidden for so long, paralyzed by what others would think. It's clear that I am not alone. It's reassuring to know that I can be connected to other kindred spirits on this Bipolar Planet. Thanks again for your support. It means a lot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home